Create A Mission Statement for Your Home
Truth bomb: You don’t need more of what the outside world is telling you, you need to know who you are and gain the confidence to express it.
Only you know how you want your home to feel, how you want others to feel when they’re in your home, and how you need your home to serve you. The easiest way to stay focused on your goals for creating your own haven is to create a Mission Statement for your home.
Mission statements are typically used to define the goals of a company or an individual. They clarify the purpose and overall why that inspires us to continue on our path and devote our time and energy to fully living the mission.
Imagine that your house can write a Mission Statement based on your answers to these questions:
- how do you want to feel every day?
- why does it matter that you feel that way?
- how do you want others to feel in your home?
- what is the one thing you loved most about your childhood home?
- how do you want to feel every day? calm, rested
- why does it matter that you feel that way? External factors like work, traffic, politics can wreak havoc on my anxiety so I need a place to recharge.
- how do you want others to feel in your home? I want guests to feel like my home is their home. They can be comfortable kicking off their shoes, letting their pets run around, and helping themselves to anything in the fridge. The guest room should feel like a comfy hotel room complete with fresh white sheets, soothing lighting, quiet, and privacy.
- what is the one thing you loved most about your childhood home? I loved that it always smelled like fresh air.
Based on what I need from my home, its Mission may look something like this:
My purpose is to provide a space that keeps my family and friends warm and comfortable so they have the ability to recharge from daily chaos. I bring fresh air and a sense of calmness so my family can stay anxiety free and be well rested. I'll treat guests as my own family by providing them with a relaxed, cozy vibe that allows them to feel at home in a quiet private space filled with yummy scents and delicious food.
Give it a shot! I’d love to hear your home’s Mission Statement so drop me a comment here or join me in our FREE FACEBOOK GROUP.