Rainy Day Recipe: Swiss Chard + Cannellini Beans
- 2 pounds Swiss chard, large stems discarded and leaves cut crosswise into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- One 16-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
This super easy, weeknight meal was a staple in our house and the perfect end to a rainy day.
Add the chard and saute over moderate heat until tender, 8 minutes.
Add the beans and simmer over moderately high heat for 3 minutes. Toss until the flavors meld, 5 minutes.
I always add some parmesan cheese (of course) and crusty bread. And no one complains when I pair it with some red wine either!