Why You Need a Pro Pet Sitter
My hubby and I are in Baltimore for the Alice Cooper show. Jeff has been a fan of Alice for decades but as usual, I’m late to the party and saw his show for the first time last Summer at Jiffy Lube Live.
When we found that he was going to be in Baltimore on a Sunday evening, we figured the best thing was just to stay overnight. And overnight means kitty care. And kitty care means finding someone you trust that can care for them.
Who will snuggle with my Rosie?!
Leaving our pets behind when we travel can be stressful and worrisome. Who will take care of them? Will they be comfortable? Will they be happy? Will they be loved?
Reserving a space at a kennel or cattery is usually the first thing that comes to mind. Kennels and catteries, regardless of price, are very similar in design and structure. However, the less you pay, the less they play.
When you pay more for boarding, what you’re really paying for are amenities. If you want your cat or dog to get more face time, more walks, and more scenery in their day, the price of these amenities will start to rise.
Heck no, Fido isn’t staying in a crate!
This is why you need a professional pet sitter.
Professional pet sitters are hired on a one-on-one basis. Their sole responsibility is to care for and love your pet right in your own home.
There are incredible benefits to hiring a pet sitter as an alternative to boarding. Here are just a few…
- Your pet will not be confined to a small room or pen; they will be able to enjoy their own home.
- For those pet sitters that double as house sitters, they can water plants and rotate lights so no one need know you are away.
- The attention of your pet sitter will not be divided by other pets. Yours will get all the play time.
- They’re often just as affordable (if not more so) than boarding facilities.
- A professional pet sitter is just that… a professional. They know how to take care of your specific pets and they know how to respond in case of an emergency.
Do you have a favorite NoVA Pet sitter? Rosie and Sam love Your Dog Smiles!
Start your search for the perfect sitter at the Nat’l Association of Professional Pet Sitters.