Photo Sessions: Session Day Checklist
What should I do?
That question has graced my inbox before most of my sessions! I promise that your session will be relaxed and fun and that I’m not at all scary.
I know you might be nervous and worried that your dog won’t behave (they do) and that I won’t get any good shots (I do) or that your hair doesn’t look just right (it does) but we’ll get through it and have a blast in the process.
Seriously, what do I do?
I’m a chronic list-maker (one can never have enough Post Its. For real.) so I’ve put together an easy checklist for prepping for your big day. (Yes, it’s a BIG DAY!)
One day before:
- I will confirm date, time and location. (If there is inclement weather, we will discuss options.)
- Make sure you have directions to our meeting place.
- Gather a “goodie bag” of any treats, toys, or special outfits you’d like to bring.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Exercise your dog for about 30 minutes prior to your session.
- Bring your goodie bag and a leash
- Stay relaxed – your dog will take queues from you and we want everyone having a good time
During the session:
- Avoid using your dog’s name to get their attention. This usually makes them come to you. (Good dog.)
- Stay relaxed so they feel comfortable.
- Dogs can get confused if too many people are making noises to get their attention, so please leave the silly sounds to me – and try not to laugh at me too much.
- If you’re in the photo, please look at me and I’ll worry about getting your dog’s attention.
I promise you and your dog a stress-free session filled with laughs and a lot of treats!
Ready to get started? Find your perfect session HERE.